INVESTING IN UTTARAKHAND
Uttarakhand has undergone a paradigm shift owing to its competitive stand in India. Since its formation, the government of Uttarakhand has undertaken significant initiatives to bring about all–round development. The emphasis is on stimulating development in all three sectors of the economy – agriculture, industry and services – to the fullest potential in tandem with the geographic profile of the state. The state aims at achieving economic development, rural upliftment and employment generation in order to ensure that the benefits of development trickle down evenly to all sections of the population. Uttarakhand is now home to several of the nation’s leading industries, which have a strong foothold in the manufacturing and services sectors. From being an agro-based state, it is now attracting IT and biotech companies. The major reasons for this change are the development of infrastructure facilities, favorable industrial policies, a talented pool of human resources and simplified administrative processes and procedures. The Uttarakhand Government is committed in its efforts to maintain a healthy growth rate and provides a conducive policy environment to the enterprises, both public and private, to invest and grow their business in the Uttarakhand. The Government of Uttarakhand is now:
• Providing the necessary investment climate for the growth of manufacturing in the state.
• Infrastructure, particularly in respect of power, water, road etc.
• Development for a common format for computerization of required records.
The advantages in investing in Uttarakhand are:
• Proactive & Facilitating state government with efficient administration
• State’s Industrial Policy combined with concessional package offers wide range of fiscal and non – fiscal incentives
• State has good connectivity with easy access to the National Capital Region (NCR) and other parts of the country
• Four Agro–climatic zones in the state offers numerous possibilities in like agriculture, floriculture and horticulture
• State is home to more than 175 species of rare medicinal, aromatic & herbal plants
• State is store house of rich mineral deposits like limestone, soapstone, magnesite
• Environment of the state is healthy and pollution free
• Quality education base coupled with the presence of premier institutes like Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
• State has immense potential for hydropower due to its vast water resources
• Offers unmatched potential in leisure, adventure, and religious tourism
• Peaceful and secure industrial environment
• State has developed Industrial estates at Pantnagar, Dehradun, Hardwar, Selaqui and Sitarganj with modern infrastructure Facilities.